Saturday, October 19, 2013

Grandpa Benson

One of my heroes, my Grandpa Benson, passed away a few weeks ago. He was such a wonderful example of serving others, working hard, and always being positive. Although he suffered from many illnesses, he always had a smile on his face. I remember asking him one time if he could remember ever living a day without pain. He replied with a simple "nope" and with a smile on his face, reminded me how good life was. He not only endured his trials, but he endured them with a smile and eternal perspective. When I was up in Rexburg, I used to love to drive down and visit Grandma and Grandpa Benson any chance I could - their house always felt like home. Spending at least 12 hours a day in his yard, I also loved spending time enjoying his "Garden of Eden." My earliest memory is of my Grandpa Benson and I spending time together; I was two years old and I remember lying on the grass near the banks of the Snake River laughing and looking at the clouds with my Grandpa; I'll cherish this memory forever. Although I will miss my Grandpa with all my heart, I have a strong testimony that families are forever and death is not the end. Love you Grandpa!



No comments:

Post a Comment