Friday, July 6, 2012

Evan Chris Ivie

Wahoo, I've made it to my 25 week mark. Last week, I started on home health care to help me feel a little better. They put in an IV and have me hooked up to a Zofran pump. It's been a little discouraging still being sick despite these health measures. I had a doctor's appointment this past week and he said to give it a little bit more time to see if it ends up being helpful. So I'm still hopeful that giving everything a little more time will start to help. Thank you for all of your prayers; It brings tears to my eyes knowing the prayers that have been said on my behalf. It's been pretty hard, but every time I feel the baby moving, I know that it will be worth it. I had another ultrasound this week and everything is progressing perfectly! The baby is growing healthy, strong, and right on schedule which makes everything worth it.

I woke up a few mornings ago and I swear a little preggo belly just popped out overnight. I looked at Dayne and said pointing to my stomach, "this was NOT here yesterday." It's so fun just to look down at my stomach and see our little baby wiggling and moving around.



We have decided to name our little guy after two of the most beloved people in our lives-our dads. Dayne's father passed away when he was a little boy and we feel honored to name our baby Evan, to carry on Dayne's father's namesake. Evan's middle name will be Chris after my dad who has always had such a special place in my heart. What an honor to name our little guy Evan Chris Ivie after two remarkable fathers.

4 comments:

  1. Evan Chris is such a great, meaningful name. I love it! And you look awesome Meagan. But I am so sorry you've been so sick. I hope the zofran pump helps you out a lot. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Amy! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am speaking for all my sisters...but you could have not picked a better name! We have always felt that the name "Evan" would be preserved for Dayne some day and so glad you get a chance to use it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I know that Dayne feels so honored that all you sisters would let him use "Evan" Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete