Thursday, June 7, 2012

Life in El Mirage

Moving from our life in Rexburg has been harder than I ever imagined. As the homesickness has set in, I am realizing more than ever just how blessed we were to have such amazing friends and family so close to us. Although it has been really hard not knowing ANYONE, on a positive note, I feel that Dayne and I are closer than ever before. We've only been down in Arizona a few weeks, but I feel that our marriage has already been strengthened and I love him more than ever before. 

El Mirage, AZ is quite the little town. Dayne says that parts of the town make him feel like he's back on his mission in Jamaica. Pretty sure we are the only Caucasians and members of the church in the entire neighborhood. Although this is something that I've never experienced before, I'm looking forward to this grand adventure. Last week the temperature got up to 113 degrees. To say the least, it's HOT down here! However, the good news is that we are still alive:) Here's the family update:  

Dayne: Started PA school this past week. He really likes Midwestern University and is already crazy busy with homework. However, he enjoys learning and really likes his anatomy lab. He got into a little car accident our first week here, but luckily everything turned out okay. He loves all of the authentic Mexican restaurants around town so we have enjoyed a lot of really good food.  

Gunner: Hates this heat! However, he likes chasing all of the lizards in our backyard. He loves lizards so much that he brought one inside yesterday. He keeps me company while Dayne is at school and NEVER leaves my side. He enjoys going to the dog park in the evenings when the weather has cooled off (to like 98 degrees haha). 

Me: Through a lot of prayer, I passed my nursing boards! Wahoo! However, still sick and throwing up around 10 times a day.  Dayne likes to make remarks about me "kneeling down at my porcelain throne" haha. I've been job hunting a little bit though because I can't stand being home alone all day every day with nothing to do. Hopefully I'll start feeling a little bit better so I can work. I've had some requests to post a "preggo" picture. I look terrible, but here's a picture at 21 weeks:

I can tell already that life here will be a definite growing experience. However, Dayne and I are up to the challenge. We have so much to be grateful for including the love and support from our family and friends no matter where we are! 

5 comments:

  1. Meagan, Are you sure you're pregnant? You sure don't look like it. I hope you feel better soon. Please feel free to send some heat up our way. The highs are supposed to be only in the 50's all week with lots of gray and rain. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck as you start this adventure! We look back with fondness at the time we lived away for grad school. But, I know it isn't easy being far from family. Sorry to hear you're still so sick. It will be worth it when you have your little guy in your arms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable...but I am not seeing much baby!! You will be the envy in the Willvie Family for sure! I hope to fit blogging back into my life again, but in the meantime I will enjoy looking at yours! Love you guys and can't wait to see you in June!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you don't even look pregnant you stinker!!! You look amazing! I hope you are feeling ok! So glad you passed your boards, knew you could do it!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so darling...and HAPPY! Definitely don't look pregnant, though. I'm so sorry you are still sick. I wouldn't wish morning sickness on anyone. WOW, over half way through the pregnancy already. That's amazing! You seem to have a great attitude about being away from family. It can be tough, but there is definitely an opportunity to become closer as a couple. You'll do great! I love and miss you guys. Is there a chance we'll see you this summer? I sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete