Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bring on the BLUE

These past few weeks have been quite a whirlwind: packing up our life in Rexburg, getting things ready for the big move next week, TRYING to study for my nursing boards (staring at a computer screen and reading for long periods of time doesn't exactly help with the nausea), and still being sick almost every minute of every day. However, it's days like today that make me forget the hard times entirely.


This morning when I woke up I had butterflies in my tummy-I was so excited that we were going to find out the sex of our baby! (Because we are moving next week, the doctor let us find out a little early) The ultrasound tech warned us that because we were finding out a little early, we may not be able to determine the sex 100%. However, after searching for what seemed like FOREVER, she paused the ultrasound screen and typed the word "BOY." Of course I shed a few tears.  Dayne did a little fist pump, clapped his hands and let out a holler. It was possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. I don't think either of us could stop smiling. Dayne kept saying "my cheeks hurt from smiling so big." On the way out, Dayne told everyone that we saw in the office that he was getting his baby boy. 


We are both so thrilled and couldn't be happier. Coming from a family of all girls, I have NO idea how to handle a little boy; but I'm pretty excited to start this adventure! 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Meagan and Dayne! Boys are so much fun! What happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the news and I am seriously so excited for you guys...especially Dayne;) I can totally see him in that office with a big smile...shoot, he's probably still smiling...you guys are both so cute. Meagan, I said the same thing about boys (I'm the youngest of 7 with only 1 brother) and I just have to say, they are probably the sweetest things. There's nothing like a mother/son relationship...and of course a father/son too. You will be so amazing! So excited for you guys. Love you, good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya talk about tears of Joy! I love you both so much and will love you little son just as much. I wish you all the best with moving, school and pregnancy. You deserve all the love and support from all your family. I am super excited that you are blogging and so excited to keep posted on your life together. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete