Monday, November 21, 2011

Tithing Works!

Paying tithing has been such a blessing in my life! I am so grateful to have grown up in a home where my parents showed me such a wonderful example of paying their tithing. Because of their teachings, it has helped build my testimony. I have such a testimony of all of the wonderful blessings that come from tithing. Although a lot of times it may feel like a large sacrifice when I pay my tithing, the blessings are SO worth it! At the beginning of the semester Dayne found out that he wouldn't be able to work because of his crazy school schedule. This caused me a lot of stress wondering how we would be financially secure. I decided to take a leap of faith, continue to pay our tithing and fast offerings, and rely on our Heavenly Father that everything would work out-and it has! I know that this blessing has come about because of the wonderful opportunity we have to pay tithing.

 I am also grateful for the opportunity to pay fast offerings. Before I went to college, I didn't really think much about paying fast offerings. However, one Sunday the Bishop in my studnet ward gave such a wonderful talk concerning fast offerings-he promised us blessings and a testimony on fast offerings if we would sacrifice that money. He then advised us that our fast offerings should be a sacrifice; in other words, the amount that we pay should "hurt a little." This talk has stuck with me. I have such a strong testimony that when we sacrifice on behalf of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, we are truly blessed in this life and the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment