Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Thankful Heart

As Thanksgiving approaches, I can't help but feel so grateful for so many things! After catching a nasty flu bug earlier this week, I became more and more grateful for good health. Thinking a bath would feel good on my achy body, I didn't realize that just hopping in the shower would take so much of my energy. Laying in bed with wet hair, I had no energy to even blow dry my hair. My husband stood by my bedside and blow dried and combed my hair for me; now that is love. I'm so grateful for a sweetheart of a husband! He is so good to me! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be in the nursing program. At times it can cause a lot of stress in my life, but I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to one day be a nurse; I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and his helping hand through the schooling process.I am so grateful to be blessed with the friends and influential people in my life. Most importantly I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so grateful for my family and for the opportunity I have to be with them forever.

This week as we discussed different roles and responsibilities of parents in the home, I realized how truly blessed I am to have grown up with a stay at home mother. She was not just a "stay at home mom." Growing up, I guess I didn't quite understand just how lucky I was to have a stay at home mom. I know that not all family circumstances allow mothers to stay at home; however, I am so grateful for the many blessings I experienced as a child because I had a stay at home mother. I loved having my mom home when I got home from school each day; it always made my day so much better when I could share my day with someone. Every single day, my mom took the time to spend time individually with each of us sisters. We LOVED having time alone with our mom! Every single day, we would have "school and playtime." We would first spend time on our homework with our mom. After that was over with, we could pick anything we wanted to play, and my mom would play it with us! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful mother!!! I hope that I can one day I can be just like my momma!

1 comment:

  1. That is so true! You always share such great stories and insights on your blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete