Thursday, October 6, 2011

Through Heavenly Father's Eyes

Oh my goodness, General Conference was wonderful. I enjoyed hearing from our Prophet and wonderful church leaders. It was crazy to me just how much “family” was talked about. It more fully testified to me of the importance of an eternal family. Keeping and maintaining good family relations is not always easy, but I have a testimony that it is worth it in the end. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father organized us into little support groups, families, to help us get through life! Our reward: being able to maintain those relationships forever, even after death. I can’t think of anything more wonderful; living and being surrounded forever by my loved ones.

This week in class, we watched a video “Tammy’s story” that really made me grateful for all of the numerous blessings I have in my life. This video talks about “class” and focuses on how society commonly judges others according to which “class” they are in. Classes are often based on income, education, language, occupation, associates, race, family lines, gender, hobbies, etc. Discussing society’s judging patterns made me come to a realization; we are all in an even “class” to our Heavenly Father. Thinking about society this way has made me realize that I need to pray every day so that I can see others the way that Heavenly Father sees mankind.  It doesn’t matter what we look like, our job, car, the shoes we wear, whether or not we have designer jeans, etc. What matters to our Heavenly Father is that we are all striving to become more like Him; we are all children of God. It is so important for all of us to try to look at others and see them through our Heavenly Father’s eyes.
Check out  Tammy's Story 

No comments:

Post a Comment