Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's all about family

This semester I am taking a family relations class. As part of the class, we get the wonderful opportunity to discuss our thoughts and insights regarding "the family" in a blog (hence that will be what my blog will be talking about). I can't believe that it has been almost nine months since I was married to my sweetheart. Although we are not perfect people and our marriage is not perfect, these nine months have been the happiest of my life. I am so grateful for the opportunity I get to journey through life with my best friend, Dayne.


I have grown to gain such a strong testimony of the importance of the family in my own life. I can't wait for the opportunity to start a family of my own. This week I have been pondering the wonderful opportunity we have to create a family. I feel so blessed that our Heavenly Father trusts us to raise and teach our children in the ways of the gospel. Being a primary teacher, I have learned so much about the gospel. It is such a wonderful blessing to have the opportunity to share the gospel in a simple matter with children that I love. My eyes have been opened and my heart has been so touched as I have seen the wonderful example my primary class is to me. I am amazed every week at their testimonies and knowledge of the gospel. I can't wait until I have the opportunity to raise one of God's children. I feel so blessed to have the ability to create a life and become a mother one day. I hope you all enjoy this Mormon Message video on the opportunity we all have to create.


Check it out! I promise you won't regret it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhLlnq5yY7k

2 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts. Family is the most wonderful blessing. Love you, and wish you the best, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family is awesome! YOU are awesome! I will always consider you as another one of my sisters. Love you two!

    ReplyDelete